Stories adapted from folk tales and murder ballads, plus some originals
A corrupt undertaker facing a more-than-divine judgment. A fiddle made of flesh and bone that can only play the song of its creation. A man wakes up to find his doppelganger smiling at him. Mysterious old men who peer into the second-floor windows of sleeping children.
These and other mysterious events haunt the world of The Cousin of Death and Other Unexplainable Events, a book that finds horror in the folk tales of the deep past and in the all-too-immediate, chillingly possible present.
“Will keep you wide awake all night.”
“In a world where virtually all ‘horror’ web comics include actual horror more as an afterthought to their story or as a means of morbidly dark humor, Split Lip is an anthology of pure horror tales.”
All Stories Written by Sam Costello
Featuring the stories:
- Fitcher's Bird, with art by John Bivens
- An Old Man, Looking, with art by Diego Candia
- The Cousin of Death, with art by Gary Crutchley
- Face Blind, with art by Ayhan Hayrula
- Mujer, with art by Sami Makkonen
- Ashes to Ashes, with art by Anthony Peruzzo
- The Railroad Boy, with art by Felipe Sobreiro
- The Wind and The Rain, with art by Neal Von Flue
Cover by Shane Oakley